PTA - Friends of Leighton Academy
Friends of Leighton Academy is a parent led group that work with the school to organise events and raise funds for the children who attend the school. Every penny of the profits raised are ploughed back in to the school, particularly for little treats and extras for our pupils. In most recent years we have been able to fund:-
- A Defibrillator
- Year 6 Leavers T-shirts
- Year 6 Leavers Autograph Books
- Christmas Presents for all nursery children
- Christmas Discos for the whole school
- Funding the entire cost of the Christmas Pantomime coaches
- A Film Licence for the whole school
- Purchasing of Fair Stands
- A Slush Machine
- Christmas Craft Day for Bubbles during Covid
- Panto Online during Covid for all classes
HOW CAN YOU HELP ?
- We are always after extra help and volunteers to help organise and run our events - feel free to contact us for more information
- If you can’t offer time, think about other ways you can help – Does your company do match funding? Do you know anywhere that might donate a raffle prize? Have you heard about any good community grants or initiatives we could apply for?
- Let us know any good ideas or if there is something you think would work at Leighton.
- Don’t be afraid to interact with us we can’t do it without you and we promise we won’t try to recruit you just by speaking to us :-)
- Contact us via our Facebook page ‘Friends of Leighton Academy’ or email us on 'email@example.com'
Covid-19 has unfortunately meant that our usual fundraising events can't go ahead as many rely on getting everyone together. However, over the Winter term we found a few creative ways to raise funds by running non uniform days, raffles, 5p challenge and designing Christmas Cards. We had made some tentative plans for Spring term prior to the country going into Lockdown 3 which has obviously changed these plans.
When we are able to return we hope to look at some recycling initiatives and will think about how we can get creative with our fundraising again.
In the meantime please follow our Facebook page where we will be keeping in touch during Lockdown 3 and for future information about anything we are planning or need help with. We love it when you interact with us so keep any comments and likes coming :-)
We have several other easy social distanced ways that you can support us and would greatly appreciate any support you can give as these are great ongoing schemes to raise funds little by little.
Your School Lottery - A fun way for adults to have a flutter and a chance of winning the £25,000 jackpot, a weekly cash prize linked to just the people playing our lottery and raise funds all in one go ! - check out the latest additional prize .... support us this half-term for a chance to win a Robot bundle to help keep those lawns trim and spring clean with your feet up :-)
Easyfundraising - Raise donations for Leighton Academy whenever you shop online. Turn your everyday online shopping into FREE donations at NO extra cost
Amazon Smile - Shop at smile.amazon.co.uk and Amazon will donate to your charitable organisation, at no cost to you. Get started today - same products, same prices, same service. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases.
Click on the name of the fundraiser above to go directly to their page for more information and to register.
Thank you for your support
UPCOMING EVENTS / SCHEMES
Watch this space when we return to school to hear about our new initiatives. We hope to be able to go green and help with your spring cleaning by running some eco friendly recycling schemes that hopefully earn us a few pounds for FOLA at the same time.
We will be getting our heads together to consider new fundraising ideas with school along with anywhere we might be able to assist the school community.
Can we say a huge thank you to all our pupils, staff, families and friends for your ongoing support. We managed to make the best of things over Winter Term despite the covid restrictions thanks to your help and your participation in schemes and events. It took some organising but in return we hope we were able to contribute to a few small treats for the children who have been amazing over the last year. We are sure together we can make 2021 a huge success :-)