English - ReadingBack
At Leighton Academy we aim to:
- enable our pupils to read confidently, fluently, accurately and with understanding and enjoyment.
- teach pupils to employ a full range of reading cues - phonic, graphic, syntactic, contextual - to monitor, correct and make sense of their own reading, whilst using phonics as the transition into independent reading.
- foster an interest in words and their meanings and to gain an appreciation of books from a variety of genres and media (fiction, non-fiction, reading scheme books, ‘real’ books, e-books, newspapers etc.)
- foster a love of different types of literature, to read with enjoyment and be able to evaluate and justify preferences.
- develop a suitable technical vocabulary through which pupils can understand and discuss their reading.
- develop reading skills alongside those of writing, so that pupils may become literate adults and readers for life.
- create a variety of reading opportunities across all areas of the curriculum.
|Reading Curriculum overview progression||07th Jun 2021||Download|
|Reading year 1 overview||07th Jun 2021||Download|
|Reading yearly overview||07th Jun 2021||Download|
|Reading and Phonics Policy||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Reception||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Nursery||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Year 2||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Year 3||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Year 4||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Year 5||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Reading Spine Year 6||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Sharing Stories at home for 5 to 8 year olds||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Sharing Stories at Home for 8 to 12 year olds||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|Sharing Stories at Home for Pre Schoolers||11th Aug 2020||Download|
|100 Books To Try And Read Before You Leave Year 6||11th Sep 2020||Download|