At Leighton Academy we aim to:
- Contrust a curriculum that is ambitious and designed to give children the knowledge they need to succeed in life.
- The curriculum is coherently planned and sequences throughout EYFS with links to Year 1. It builds on what children know and can already do.
- We have the same ambitions for almost all children, for children with high levels of SEN, the curriculum is tailored to their needs.
- All children benefit from purposeful and meaningful learning across the EYFS.
- All staff have a good knowledge of the EYFS and how it supports young children to learn.
- Information is clearly presented to children, promoting questioning. Staff communicate well with the children to check understanding and identify any misconceptions. Staff are experienced to respond and adapt their teaching as necessary.
- Teaching through the EYFS is designed to help children with their recall and metacognition skills.
- Teacher assessment is used to inform future planning, this includes a range of activities suitable to the children’s needs.
- Staff share information with parents and carers to support them in their child’s education, this includes a love of reading.
- Children develop knowledge and skills across the EYFS curriculum, with a focus on developing their vocabulary and understanding of language in the early stages.
- Children in EYFS enjoy, listen and respond well to familiar stories, rhymes and songs that are appropriate for their age and stage of development.